Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn. Heat the oil and garlic powder on high heat in a large pot with lid. Add raw corn kernels, mix and place lid on top. Or, until all kernels are fully popped but, not burnt.
Vigorously slide pot back and forth over burner until popcorn begins to pop. Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. You can have Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
- You need of Garlic Butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of Quality Salted Butter [like Tilamook].
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Table Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Olive Oil [very small dash].
- It’s of Popcorn.
- You need 1 cup of Uncooked Popcorn Kernels [or, 2 bags microwave popcorn].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Cheese & Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Quality Powdered Parmesan Cheese [or, as desired].
- You need of Powdered Popcorn Salt [optional].
- Prepare of Equipment.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- You need 1 large of Pot With Tight Fitting Lid.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and basil; toss to coat. In a heavy bottom pot, heat the oil on med high heat. test heat by tossing in a couple kernels. Our Garlic Parmesan popcorn will have you shouting, That's Amore! It's an experience like no other, with just the right amount of garlic and the finest parmesan cheese around.
Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn step by step
- In a Ziplock Bag, heat your garlic butter and ingredients listed in that section. Leave bag unzipped and watch bag very closely while in the microwave. The bag WILL melt. Just heat butter enough to melt it..
- Once melted, zip up bag, lightly massage butter and let sit on the counter for a few minutes to allow the garlic to infuse into the butter..
- Heat the oil and garlic powder on high heat in a large pot with lid. Add raw corn kernels, mix and place lid on top. Cook / shake vigorously for 1 minute +. Or, until all kernels are fully popped but, not burnt. If using microwavable bags, cook to manufactures specifications. But, watch, listen and smell closely. Microwavable popcorn burns VERY easily..
- Massage garlic butter bag again and snip a [very slight] opening in the corner of the bag. Just big enough that any minced garlic can freely exit it and the butter sauce only drizzles..
- Evenly drizzle garlic butter over popcorn and sprinkle powdered parmesean cheese over the damp surfaces. You don't want your popcorn saturated. Just lightly coated. I use a high quality, lightly powdered Parmesan from our local pizzeria. Salt with a fine popcorn salt [like McDonald's salt] if desired as well. Mix up popcorn. Repeat again, then, as you desire..
- Unless you own a very fine cheese grader – like Olive Garden uses -don't use fresh grated parmesean. It'll only fall to the bottom of your bowl and you won't taste it at all. Sprinkled Rosemary goes well with this recipe as well. Enjoy!.
Place butter, olive oil, and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter melts and starts to lightly simmer. Place rosemary on a baking sheet. Finely chop rosemary or crush using a mortar and pestle; set aside. This popcorn chicken is crispy, moist, crunchy, and has far less calories than fried popcorn chicken served in most fast food joints.