Nanbanzuke Fish Marinade. Marinated in soy dashi vinaigrette and served chilled, Salmon Nanbanzuke is a delightful seafood fare to enjoy in the summer. The unique preparation allows the salmon to store for days! Nanbanzuke is deep-fried fish marinated in a sour, umami and slightly sweet sauce.
Nanbanzuke or nanban-zuke is a Japanese fish dish. To prepare it, the fish (often Japanese jack mackerel or wakasagi smelt) is fried and then marinated in a mixture of vinegar, carrots, sugar, and chili peppers. Recipes for Tom: Nanbanzuke / deep-fried fish in sweetened vinegar marinade. You can have Nanbanzuke Fish Marinade using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nanbanzuke Fish Marinade
- Prepare 10 of small, young mutsu or any white fish.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 50 ml of Vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Flour as needed.
- You need of Red Chili pepper if you like 1 pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of Oil for frying about.
This dish is served nanbanzuke style, which is deep fried or roasted fish which is served with a spicy vinegar and soy sauce flavoured marinade. Originally influenced by the spicy cuisine of the western. Nanbanzuke is a Japanese dish consisting of fried fish that is marinated in vinegar and served with Immediately after the fish has been fried, it should be placed in the marinade so it can absorb it. Nanbanzuke is a Japanese home-cooked meal with deep fried meat or fish, marinated in sweet and spicy vinegar sauce.
Nanbanzuke Fish Marinade step by step
- Fillet and clean fish if needed. If using a large fillet, cut into smaller pieces. Season with salt and lightly dust with flour..
- Heat oil on medium-high. Once hot, fry fish for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown..
- Slice cucumber and red pepper and place all vegetables into a tupperware container. Mix the vinegar, sugar and soy sauce together in small bowl..
- Lay the fried fish over top vegetables and pour over the marinade dressing. Add the chili pepper. Marinate overnight in fridge, mixing occasionally..
Nanbanzuke is marinated fried fish in vinegar sauce with vegetables. Nanbanzuke is more home-cooking than restaurant food, so it may not be found at Japanese restaurants in the US very often. Unlike meat, fish marinades don't require a long time to infuse the fish with flavor, so you can whip up an elegant, flavorful meal on short notice. Although many types of fish are wonderful with just a coating of oil before being cooked, a marinade is a great way to add flavor, keep the fish moist, and prevent it from. Delicious marinade that would be great on chicken as well as fish.