Oven Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies. Quick and easy oven roasted sausage and vegetables recipe, made with simple ingredients in one sheet pan. The best thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables and whatever sausages you have on hand. Great recipe for Oven Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies.
You end up with delicious veggies to throw on top of your hot dogs as well!! Baked Italian Sausage with Veggies, Potatoes and Thyme This time we have used sweet Italian sausage, but you can certainly use the hot type instead or try to make your own sausage. Though you can cook them in many forms, such as grilled or fried , make sure you start off with this oven-baked recipe, as it is healthier and simpler. You can cook Oven Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies
- You need 3-6 of Italian Sausage.
- You need 1/2 of of a White Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of of a Green Pepper (or any other colored Bell Pepper).
- Prepare of seasoning salt (not necessary).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Cooking sausages in the oven with vegetables is a quick dinner you can throw together in mere minutes. The bonus is that this Sausage Bake comes with gravy, and it's all made in one pan!. Bonus: the gravy gets an extra flavour boost from all the sausage and vegetable drippings. If desired, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the veggies and sausage as soon as they come out of the oven.
Oven Baked Italian Sausage and Veggies step by step
- First, slice your vegetables into strips and like the bottom of a greased baking dish with the chopped vegetables. Pour your olive oil evenly over top of vegetables. Sprinkle on seasoning salt if you'd like..
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Add Italian sausages over top of vegetables (poking each one with a fork once) making sure there's enough room so the sausages aren't touching one another..
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400 degrees, making sure to cut one open afterwards to check for doneness. Remove sausages from the pan, and either pick out all the veggies from the juices that have collected, or pour it all out through a strainer to catch your vegetables. Enjoy!.
That's all there is to it! For an easy side dish, you can put in some veggies alongside the sausage so they bake at the same time. Verdict: Seriously, I could eat this every day, varying the vegetables. Husband's take: He loves this kind of thing too. I pair it with some crusty bread and fresh fruit.