Bread and butter pickles II. June sticka's bread and butter pickles. This was my husband's grandmother's recipe. Store-bought pickles don't even come close.
It's easy to make your own homemade pickles! Watch the video showing you how to make these Bread and Butter Pickles, then scroll to the bottom of this post so you can print out the recipe and make them at home. If you like bread and butter pickles, these will not disappoint. You can have Bread and butter pickles II using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread and butter pickles II
- It’s 12 medium of pickling cucumbers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of kosher salt.
- You need 1 1/4 tbsp of mustard seed.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 cup of coconut vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard seed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, unfiltered.
Amish Buggy always has top-rate products. Cucumber slices, onions, peppers and garlic are pickled in an exciting spicy cider vinegar mixture! Bread & Butter Pickles Bread N Butter My Recipes Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes Recipies Healthy Recipes Cooking Photos Homemade Pickles. Bread and butter pickles have been a family favorite for at least three generations.
Bread and butter pickles II step by step
- Boil the liquids, except apple cider vinegar..
- Slice the cucumbers.
- Add to a sterilized jar, I used 46 ounce jar, sugar, bay leaf, turmeric, salt, mustard seed, and sliced cucumbers..
- Pour hot vinegar solution over the cucumber chips. Top off with apple cider vinegar..
- Put lid on jar. As it cools it will cause a suction and it will seal..
- Let sit 2 weeks refrigerate after opening. Last as long as regular pickles..
This is another one of the great preserve recipes passed down from my paternal Grandmother, and it is our ultimate family favorite. I can't even begin to count the number of jars of these I've made with my Dad over the years. To turn Bread and Butter pickles into Yum Yum pickles, in theory you just double the sweetener. But, this USDA recipe already calls for double the sweetness that everyone Bread-and-butter-pickles. In: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).