Matar paneer. Matar paneer goes well with parathas or naan or cumin rice and even steamed rice. Vegan can substitute tofu with paneer and still enjoy the deliciousness. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry.
Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a luscious gravy made with tomatoes, onions and spices. paneer recipe with just peas and paneer cubes. moreover, this recipe can be extend to aloo matar recipe by replacing paneer with potato. while, my husband not so great fan of paneer recipes, but for. How do you make Instant Pot Matar Paneer? You can cook Matar paneer using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matar paneer
- It’s 1 cup of fresh or frozen Green Peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of (1/2-inch cubed) Paneer.
- You need 1 of medium Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of piece of Ginger, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium Tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of Cashew Nuts, soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare as required of For shallow frying + 2 tablespoons Oil or Ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2 tablespoons Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Matar Paneer, Mutter Panner Masala or मटर पनीर is a homely Indian main course dish, this cheesy peas is a to-go dish for many of us. Soft paneer and green peas cooked in onion tomato gravy. Cook Restaurant Style Matar Paneer With These Two Methods. What I love about matar paneer is that it is so fuss free to cook.
Matar paneer instructions
- Grind onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic together in the small chutney jar of a grinder to make medium coarse paste..
- Grind the tomatoes to make tomato puree..
- Grind cashew nuts with 2 tablespoons water until smooth paste..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the kadhai over medium flame. Add crushed onion paste and salt Sauté it until oil starts to separate or it turns translucent. It will take around 5-7 minutes..
- Add tomato puree and cook on medium flame until oil starts to separate, for approx. 5-6 minutes..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt..
- Stir and cook for a minute. Add cashew nut paste..
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add boiled peas and 1/2 cup water; mix properly and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes. We have added plain paneer cubes but you can add shallow fried paneer to enhance the flavor..
- Turn off flame and transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl. Matar paneer is ready..
Matar (Peas) Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) in Tomato Gravy is a delicious, vegetarian main course dish from Northern part of India. This curry is often served for vegetarian main course in many Indian. Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy. Matar paneer is one of my favorite North Indian dishes. Matar Paneer is a simple North Indian food recipe prepare with green peas and cottage cheese that are cooked in a creamy tomato based curry.