Dutch Oven Beef Ribs. While the Dutch oven preheats, pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel and then season generously with salt and pepper on all sides. Lauren Habermehl for Taste of Home. They're a rich winter meal, too, easy and forgiving to cook under their sleek caps of fat, melting into tender chunks of pull-apart beef in the oven.
This Beer Braised Short Ribs – Dutch Oven recipe will transform beef short ribs into the most tender, succulent, and richly flavored feast you could ever imagine. The depth of flavor is unbelievable. There are two things I love about these Beer Braised Short Ribs. You can have Dutch Oven Beef Ribs using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Beef Ribs
- Prepare 4-6 of beef ribs.
- You need 3 of large carrots.
- You need 4 of Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion.
- It’s 1 TBSP of salt.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of pepper.
- It’s 12 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
First of all, the flavor is absolutely astounding. See great recipes for Dutch Oven Beef Ribs too! Dutch Oven Beef Ribs Recipes Turn Tough Meats Into Tasty Treats. Slow cooked crock-pot or Dutch oven beef ribs recipes solved a problem in our family.
Dutch Oven Beef Ribs step by step
- Preheat gas grill to 300 degrees.
- Sear the ribs in the cast iron dutch oven for about 4 minutes, turning frequently. Remove dutch one from stove and add all the ingredients placing the ribs on the top..
- Move dutch oven to the grill and cover the oven and close the grill. (I have a four burner grill, so I just turn on the two outside burners and place the dutch oven on the two burners that are off). Set your timer for two hours..
- Remove Dutch oven from the grill and place on counter without the lid. Let sit for about ten minutes..
You see, we didn't like to eat ribs. I raise and butcher our own grassfed livestock. In addition, I sometimes help friends with their butchering projects. For these Dutch Oven Short Ribs, we decided instead of browning the beef ribs, that we would smoke them for a while on the grill before adding them to the dutch oven. The ribs were just completely tender and juicy.