Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. That's the only way I've known bruschetta to be.
When combined slowly drizzle in oil. Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread. Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil, one of my favorite ways to use up all my summer tomatoes is with this simple appetizer or side dish. You can have Tomato and Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- You need 7 of Small tomatoes (bigger than a cherry tomato).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Basil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil (you can use healthier oil).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of French baguette.
- You need 1 of Grated cheddar cheese.
Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil Basil and tomatoes compliment each other beautifully and are usually overflowing in my garden in the late summer months. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pimientos, chopped basil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; stir in cheese. Place a whole basil leaf on each slice of toast bread. Dice tomatoes and place in a bowl, mix in chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside.
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta instructions
- Dice tomatoes and put on a bowl. Chop basil in bits. Add to the bowl..
- Finely cut garlic and then add to the bowl. Add the onion as well..
- Add the oil and seasonings. Mix well and then set aside..
- Cut the baguette into almost 1in sideways so that you can put more of the mixture..
- Toast the sliced bread until golden brown and then spoon the mixture on top. You can sprinkle cheese if you want because I want mine with cheese..
- Eat it while it's hot! Some like it cold. If so, refrigirate for a few hours. Enjoy!.
Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. The toppings can be as humble or as luxurious as you like, from chopped herbs or a squashed tomato with basil, to marinated vegetables or beautiful cheeses, to lovely flaked crabmeat. The only rule is that whatever goes on top of a bruschetta should be nice and fresh and cooked with care. Tomato Bruschetta with Garlic and Basil is a quick and easy appetizer that is oh-so-refreshing and jam-packed with garlicky goodness!.