Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY. Tender, shredded chicken and fluffy white rice are mixed in a creamy sauce and then baked with cheddar cheese and crispy potato chips on top. Now, I know some of you are thinking I have lost my ever lovin' mind by putting crispy potato chips on top of a casserole. Jon makes a delicious tofu and cheesy rice dish.
Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Celery Soup also taste great in this casserole, or a combination. Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Frequently. This freezer-friendly cheesy chicken and rice casserole comes together fast, with pantry staples and leftover chicken. You can have Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 cup of diced purple onion.
- It’s 1 of diced red bell pepper.
- You need 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of tofu cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ranch dressing (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of minute rice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried parsely.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings (optional).
Toss the tofu, olive oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch together. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Not sure why the comments on vegan, vegetarian, chickens, eggs etc. but people be crAzy sometimes Just made the Cauliflower rice with crispy tofu. hese tofu 'chicken' nuggets will make you feel like a kid again! They're baked not fried, but are still super crispy, with a tasty seasoned coating.
Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY step by step
- Cut you chicken breast in half length wise to thin them. Cook in a little oil and top with all dry seasoning and bacon drippings..
- Stir in red pepper, onion and mushroom and sauté until soft. About 10 minutes. Add in minced garlic and shredded cheese and tofu pieces..
- Stir in both cans of soup and chicken broth and mix well, add in ranch dressing if you desire..
- Prepare rice according to directions on package and mix in the chicken and veggie mixture and serve. I garnished mine with more pepper slices, cheese and parsley..
Who knew tofu 'chicken' nuggets could get so crispy without frying! Perfect with a big dollop of ketchup. I haven't always been a vegetarian – I ate meat. When autumn winds start to blow here in the Northeast, I keep this recipe close at hand. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.