Cereal Chicken. Dip the chicken strips first in the flour, then the egg and then the cereal. Drain the chicken on paper towels and set aside. Combine the nestum cereal, milk powder, sugar and chicken powder together in a bowl and stir to mix well.
Home Style Crispy Butter Cereal Chicken. By Angie Liew of Huang Kitchen. This is an all time local favourite among adults and kids and it is the reminiscent of butter prawns, minus the egg yolk. You can cook Cereal Chicken using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cereal Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken marinade.
- You need 6 of small chicken thigh (cut diced).
- It’s 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Corn starch.
- You need of Egg (beaten).
- You need of Cereal.
- It’s of Nestum cereal.
- You need leaves of Curry.
- It’s 1 of red chilli (sliced).
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sugar.
It incorporates something everyone is very familiar with – Nestum Cereal! This cereal is really very tasty due to its crispiness and slightly sweet taste. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal with red pepper flakes and salt. Working with one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat generously with the seasoned cereal, pressing the cereal to help them stick.
Cereal Chicken step by step
- Marinade the chicken for about 30 minutes, then deep fried..
- Heat a pan, put on butter, fry the curry leaves and chilli. Then add the cereal in. Add some sugar for sweeter taste, and stir to avoid burn..
- As soon as the chicken been fried, mix it with the cereal..
Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet. Dip into the flour, then dip into the egg, then coat each tender entirely in cereal mixture. How to Cook Homestyle Crispy Butter Cereal Chicken This recipe is a reminiscent of butter prawns. It has nestum cereal in it which is tasty due to its crispiness. Curry leaves lend an Indian influence and an extra hint to this popular Malaysian dish.