Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken). These chicken wings are best when they are fried twice. When frying for the first time, the chicken coating will lose its crispiness quickly because of the juicy chicken. It's best to let them rest for a period after the first fry to let the juices settle back inside the chicken wing.
I wanted to recreate that flavor at home, so I tried making this. It was a flavor similar to the chicken breast. Check out this Quick and Easy recipe for Basic Chinese Fried Chicken. You can have Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken)
- Prepare 3 pieces of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chopped spring onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake (cooking rice wine).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Potato starch.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
Add to any sauce and create your favorite popular take-out Chinese/ Indo-Chinese dishes like Lemon, Kung Pao, Orange, Sweet. Famous Extra Crispy Chinese Fried Chicken Wings with Homemade Mumbo Sauce. By deep-frying, you can enjoy Chinese versions of crunchy chicken, pork, rolls, seafood, and wontons. This fried chicken recipe is AWESOME.
Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) instructions
- Cut the chicken thighs into large bite size..
- Mix the 1tbsp Sake, 1 tsp Suger, 1/4tsp Salt and 1pinch pepper. Marinate the chickens and leave for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the excess moisture from the chickens. Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chickens with potato starch and dust off the excess powder..
- Heat the frying oil to between 170 to 180 degrees, then put the chickens in, turn them over, cook through, and fry till golden brown..
- While frying chickens, make a Youlinji sauce. Mix the Sauce ingredients to a heat resistant bowl. Use microwave at middle heat(600W) for 1 minuet. Add the chopped spring onion..
- Place the chickens into the youlinji sauce off while the chickens still hot. Let it mix well..
If you want Juicy and crispy fried chicken, you cannot go wrong here. It is very simple to make. Super Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe 盐酥鸡 BEST Chinese Popcorn Chicken Ever! Drain and pat them dry with paper towels. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings, grated ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and black pepper.