Phulkopir Muri Ghonto (Cauliflower cooked with Rice – Bengali style).
You can cook Phulkopir Muri Ghonto (Cauliflower cooked with Rice – Bengali style) using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Phulkopir Muri Ghonto (Cauliflower cooked with Rice – Bengali style)
- Prepare 1 of medium size cauliflower, cut into florets.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s 2 of green chilies, slit.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Phulkopir Muri Ghonto (Cauliflower cooked with Rice – Bengali style) instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower lightly. Drain and keep aside. Heat remaining oil and temper with bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and stir fry till light brown.. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and all the dry spices (except garam masala powder) mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the tomatoes and continue to saute till it is nicely mashed up. Add the soaked rice and mix everything well..
- Add the fried cauliflower, green chilies and water. Cover and simmer till the rice and cauliflower are well cooked..
- Add the garam masala powder and ghee and give it a stir. Cover for 2 minutes and then transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with either rice or chapati..