My Grandma's Bread and Butter Pickles.
You can have My Grandma's Bread and Butter Pickles using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Grandma's Bread and Butter Pickles
- It’s 1 of -add together-.
- Prepare 1 gallon of cucumbers, sliced.
- You need 8 small of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canning or kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of mix together-.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mustard seed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 5 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 cup of white distilled vinegar.
My Grandma's Bread and Butter Pickles instructions
- Cover the sliced vegetables with ice for three hours, then drain..
- Add the mixed spices (turmeric through vinegar) to the drained cucumber mixture..
- Boil for five minutes and hot pack..
- These are delicious (:.