Bread and Butter Pickles. Although sweet pickles are my favorite, bread and butter pickles run a close second. Their sweet and tangy crunch are pretty irresistible. I tried my Bread and Butter Pickles after just a few hours and they tasted perfectly pickled to me.
Store-bought pickles don't even come close. I hope you enjoy this easy Bread & Butter Pickles recipe! Bread & Butter Pickles – Crunchy, Tangy, & Just the Right Amount of Sweet! You can have Bread and Butter Pickles using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread and Butter Pickles
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of pickling cucumbers ( about 14 small to medium ).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ball Bread & Butter pickling mix.
Bubbie may be the master of the salt-brined pickle, but she has a special gift for creating sweeter snacks as well! Bubbies Bread and Butter Chips are an unqualified success. Sweet pickle lovers enjoy the crunchy taste on just about everything. Try bread-and-butter pickles on sandwiches or burgers, as a complement to field peas, or as a snack with whole-grain mustard, cheddar cheese, and crackers.
Bread and Butter Pickles step by step
- Cut ends off cucumbers. Cut into 1/2" slices. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars & lids in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set aside..
- Combine vinegar, sugar, pickling spice in a medium sausepan. Heat to a boil..
- Pack slices into hot jars. Laddle hot pickling liquid over slices. Leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight..
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Remive jars and cool. Check seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed. For Best flavor allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks to develop flavors…This makes about 8 pints….
My father adores bread and butter pickles so for a little gift I made him a batch of these. Rave reviews all around and so easy! Now I make bread and butter pickles for my own kids all of the time!—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana. My mom always made this crisp bread and butter pickle recipe when we were kids, and she gave me the recipe. They're pleasantly tart and so good.