Oven roasted chicken with veggies. Arrange chicken breasts on a baking sheet; spread carrots, bell peppers, celery, green onion, and parsley around chicken. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and vegetables; season with salt, Italian seasoning, chili powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables.
All you have to do is chop, season, and bake, and you have a flavorful, full meal ready in no time. Since it is so quick and easy, this recipe is a standard go-to in our home. Transfer chicken and lemon halves to a carving board and tent loosely with foil. You can have Oven roasted chicken with veggies using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven roasted chicken with veggies
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of medium red potatoes, chopped into medium pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s half of cup green beans.
- It’s of for sauce:.
- It’s half of cup balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Prepare of dried rosemary.
Carve chicken and transfer to a platter or return to roasting pan. Sprinkle with parsley, squeeze lemon over top, and serve with vegetables. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Baked whole chicken with vegetables is a meal prep miracle.
Oven roasted chicken with veggies instructions
- Marinate chicken breasts with the ingredients for the sauce for minimum for 45 mins.
- In an oven proof dish, place potatoes and cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and olive oil. Preheat the oven and cook them at 425 degrees for 25 mins.
- Add green beans and mix well in pan. Add the marinated chicken breasts and pour the sauce into the dish and cook at 425 for 40 to 45mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve on plate and enjoy.
Roasting a chicken on top of a bed of vegetables not only makes for a one-pan meal (chicken, veggies, potatoes, oh my!), it also allows the vegetables to soak up all the beautiful flavor of the chicken and ensures that none of that flavor goes to waste. It doesn't take too long to put together and you can get a few things done while it is baking. The chicken was moist and the veggies were tasty. I added a little more vegetables and left the skin on the chicken for more flavor. I know I sure do, which is why this simple whole roasted chicken and vegetables get made at least once a month in this house, especially since it's so easy to swap out different veggies to go with the season.