You can cook Prawn Pulao using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Pulao
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 250 of gms. prawns, deveined & cleaned.
- It’s 1 of potato, cubed.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp. of ghee or as preferred.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of " cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 6-7 of cloves.
- You need 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 of pathar ke phool.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of garlic, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 of green chilies, slit.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 2 tbsp. of fried onions.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- It’s handful of coriander-mint leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red chili powder.
Prawn Pulao step by step
- Soak the saffron in the milk and keep aside. Marinate the potatoes & prawns separately with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes..
- Add the ghee to the pan and temper with cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves, star anise and pathar ke phool..
- Saute for a few seconds and then add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies. Fry on a medium flame till light brown..
- Now add all the dry spices (except salt) and saute well..
- Add the rice and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Then add the fried potatoes, fried prawns, saffron milk, water, fried onions, salt and chopped coriander-mint leaves. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. When it cools down a little, fluff it up with a fork..
- Serve with raita..