You can have Jeera Rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera Rice
- It’s 1 cup of Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies, slit (opt).
- You need 1/4 tsp. of chili flakes (opt).
Jeera Rice instructions
- Pressure cook the rice in 1 & 1/2 cups water, salt and lime juice for 1 whistle. Spread on a plate to cool down..
- Heat ghee in a pan and temper with the cumin seeds. After it stops crackling, add the rice and mix well. Saute for a minute on low flame and remove on the serving dish..
- Garnish with chili flakes and green chilies. Serve with any side dish of your choice..