Oven-Roasted Tomatoes. Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Freeze oven roasted tomatoes for months, or keep in the refrigerator for up to a month. I've found the "Husky Cherry Red" and the "Amish Paste Tomato" best for roasting. I cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place cut side up in a greased sheet pan and drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and a couple pinches of sugar over the top. You can have Oven-Roasted Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- You need 4.5 lb of Roma tomaroes.
- Prepare 3 fl oz of olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare .5 oz of minced shallot.
- It’s 2 tsp of basil chiffonade.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped oregeno.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped thyme.
- You need as needed of salt,.
- Prepare as needed of ground black pepper.
You can make Easy Oven Roasted Tomatoes using either plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. Quick and easy oven roasted tomatoes add flavor to any meal! How long can you keep roasted tomatoes in the fridge? Roasted tomatoes should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Oven-Roasted Tomatoes instructions
- Remove the cored from the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Arrange in a single layer skin side down on a rack over a sheet pan.
- Combine the garlic, shallots, basil, oregeno, and thyme. Season with salt and pepperb drizzle or brush the mixture over the tomatoes. Be careful to coat them..
- Roast at 275 F until the tomatoes are dried and slightly browned, about 60-90 minutes..
For the balsamic vinaigrette: Combine the vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Stir with a whisk or fork, then drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Roasted Tomatoes are an easy and delicious side dish. Fresh tomatoes are tossed with olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs and a hint of balsamic vinegar. These oven roasted tomatoes take just minutes to prepare and are the perfect accompaniment alongside Easy Grilled Chicken Breast or a juicy steak dinner.