Spicy Beer Battered Deep Fried Pickles.
You can cook Spicy Beer Battered Deep Fried Pickles using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Beer Battered Deep Fried Pickles
- Prepare 1 of dill pickles (I only use the always refrigerated Claussen dill pickles, the halves are best).
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of season salt (more or less to taste).
- It’s 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (more, less, or omit to taste).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of beer of choice.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of vegetable oil for frying.
Spicy Beer Battered Deep Fried Pickles instructions
- Drain the juice from the pickles. Slice pickles to desired thickness. I slice mine about 1/4 of an inch. Dry slices as much as possible with a paper towel..
- Preheat oil (at least an inch deep) to 375˚ (I use an electric skillet). While oil is heating, prepare batter..
- Combine flour, season salt, cayenne pepper, and baking powder in a pie pan or other shallow dish..
- Whisk together the beer, eggs, and oil in another pie plate or shallow dish..
- When oil has reached 375˚, begin soaking many pickle slices into liquid mixture..
- After soaking pickles in beer mixture, dredge slices in flour mixture..
- Carefully drop pickle slices into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove from grease and set on paper towels on a plate..
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. I don't use any. They're that good!.