Kashmiri Pulao. Kashmiri pulao is one of the easiest pulao recipes to make and unlike other pulaos this one is on the sweeter side. Reason being the pulao is garnished with both dry fruits and fresh fruits. Kashmiri pualo recipe a rich one pot dish flavorful dish and quickest to make too.
Kashmiri Pulao They say Kashmir is a piece of heaven on the face of this planet. Home to beautiful landscapes, beautiful people and of course beautiful Kashmiri cuisine and traditional Kashmiri recipes. Kashmiri Pulao or Kashmiri Pulav is aromatic, sweet, mild, colorful pulao unlike any other pulao. You can cook Kashmiri Pulao using 21 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Pulao
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- You need 3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 2 of black cardamoms.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel powder.
- It’s 2 pinches of saffron.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For garnishing kashmiri pulao.
- You need 1 of medium size onion(sliced thinly).
- It’s 12 of cashews.
- Prepare 12 of almonds.
- It’s 8 of pistachios.
- You need 12 of walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 100 gm of fried paneer cubes.
Kashmiri pulao is very easy to prepare with lot of variety and fruits variations, dry fruits are added. Kashmiri Pulao is an authentic kashmiri dish, which can be prepared by following some simple tricks and tips given below. Wash basmati rice twice in water and add it to a pan, pour water. Kashmiri pulao recipe a rich one pot dish.
Kashmiri Pulao step by step
- On a medium flame, heat ghee in a deep pan..
- Add cinnamon, caraway seeds, bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms and black cardamoms..
- Fry the spices till the oil becomes fragrant.
- Now lower the flame and add the dry ginger powder and fennel powder..
- Stir well..
- Add 2 pinches of crushed saffron..
- Sauté for a minute..
- Add 1 cup of soaked and drained basmati rice and stir..
- Pour 2 cups of water and salt as required..
- Stir and cover the pan tightly..
- When the rice is cooking, prepare the garnish..
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a frying pan.
- Add the sliced onions..
- Now add a pinch of salt and fry the onions till they are golden brown and crisp..
- Remove and drain on paper tissues..
- In the same ghee, first fry the almonds till they become crisp..
- Remove and drain fried almonds on paper tissues..
- No fry cashews, walnuts and pistachios till they are crisp and lightly browned..
- Drain them on paper tissues..
- Cook the rice till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked..
- While serving the kashmiri pulao, garnish with the fried onions, fried paneer and dry fruits..
- Serve kashmiri pulao hot with raita or salad..
Kashmiri pulao is a very aromatic and flavorful dish and Though I am not a great fan of kashmiri pulao , I love it minus the fruits. Kashmiri Pulao – An exotic rice dish made with lots of dried fruits, nuts and fresh fruits, flavored with saffron and rose water. Kashmiri pulao is unlike the normal pulao recipes will not be spicy. Even when we go to restaurants also we never order this kashimir pulao as it will be slightly sweet. How to make Kashmiri Pulao-A Kashmiri rice preparation with spices nuts and cottage cheese.