Oven Skillet Eggplant. Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. This simple eggplant preparation is one of the best—as easy and delicious as grilling. Roast small Italian eggplant as a versatile side dish and drizzle with lemon or your favorite vinaigrette.
Line a baking sheet with parchment, or if using a cast iron skillet, place it in the oven to preheat. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and rosemary. I didn't have any winter squash, but I added baby carrots & sliced zucchini. You can cook Oven Skillet Eggplant using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Skillet Eggplant
- You need of ——eggplant——–.
- It’s 1 of large eggplant, Aubergine.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of —sauce—–.
- You need 1/2 pound of sausage.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sweet basil chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of demerara sugar.
- Prepare of —-topping——.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cups of chunk mozzarella cheese.
One thing I did different, I put the root vegetables (onion, potatoes & carrots) in one bowl & the more delicate vegetables (peppers & zucchini) in another bowl, they I divided the oil/vinegar/herb mixture between the two bowls. To Store: Keep the roasted potatoes and carrots in a tightly sealed container or in a labeled zippered bag. Store in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to a month. Brighten the flavor with a few dashes of salt and pepper!
Oven Skillet Eggplant step by step
- Preheat oven 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Brown the sausage in the olive oil in an oven safe dish.
- Remove the sausage to a bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the eggplant.
- Layer the eggplant in a circle pattern in the dripping of oil and sausage drippings. salt all the eggplant slices.
- Mix the sauce ingredients with the cooked sausage.
- Pour on top of eggplant layers.
- Add cheese to top of sauce put in oven for 35-45 minutes..
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Roasting vegetables in the oven gives them a caramelized exterior and good flavor while keeping the inside moist and tender. Get our tips and tricks for perfect roast veggies. We'll show you how to roast vegetables in the oven and share our no-fail guide for how long to roast vegetables. Simple elegance with garden fresh flavors are what you'll enjoy in this Roasted Summer Squash With Sweet Peppers And Onion. The ingredients in this dish can easily adapted to your taste, roasting brings out the natural sweetness and turns fresh vegetables into a bonefide feast.