In a Pickle. in a pickle Meaning to be in a difficult situation to have a problem where there is no immediate answer or solution to be in an unpleasant situation. The 'in trouble' meaning of 'in a pickle' was an allusion to being as disoriented and mixed up as the The earliest known use of pickle in English contains such an citation. When you've done something very stupid or very bad that will bring the worst consequences ever upon you, you are in a pickle.
In a difficult situation or a troubling quandary. in a fix. troubled. In a Pickle is a card and word game for two to six players. To start the game, each player is dealt five cards, and four cards are placed face up in the shape of a "plus" sign in the center of the table. You can cook In a Pickle using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of In a Pickle
- Prepare of pickle part.
- It’s 1 cup of kosher pickle juice.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of chicken thighs, boneless skinless.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of onion peppers.
- You need 1 large of onion. sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sliced okra.
- Prepare of batter.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed pecans.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
Definition: In a little bit of trouble. This idiom is said of a person in a difficult By this description, in a pickle could mean in trouble because one was dead. In a pickle means in a difficult situation or in a quandary. The origin of the phrase in a pickle seems to stem from two different places.
In a Pickle instructions
- Marinate the chicken thighs in pickle juice overnight.
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- Take chicken out of pickle juice, salt and discard the juice..
- Mix the baking powder, egg, parmesan cheese, parsley, and pecans. In a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken into batter coat well put on an oven safe pan bake 30 minutes..
- In a pan melt butter add, okra, onions, peppers, salt, and ground black pepper. Sauté till onions and peppers are tender.
- Serve the together hope you enjoy!.
First, there is the sixteenth century Dutch phrase in de pekel zitten. Definition of pickle in the Idioms Dictionary. pickle phrase. Synonyms for in a pickle at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Find descriptive alternatives for in a pickle. Not having the right English vocabulary can leave you 'in a pickle'.