Cereal Chicken. Drain the chicken on paper towels and set aside. Combine the nestum cereal, milk powder, sugar and chicken powder together in a bowl and stir to mix well. Heat up the Planta margarine in a wok and add the minced garlic, curry leaves and chili padi.
Home Style Crispy Butter Cereal Chicken. By Angie Liew of Huang Kitchen. This is an all time local favourite among adults and kids and it is the reminiscent of butter prawns, minus the egg yolk. You can have Cereal Chicken using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cereal Chicken
- It’s of Chicken marinade.
- Prepare 6 of small chicken thigh (cut diced).
- You need 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Corn starch.
- Prepare of Egg (beaten).
- Prepare of Cereal.
- Prepare of Nestum cereal.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli (sliced).
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sugar.
It incorporates something everyone is very familiar with – Nestum Cereal! This cereal is really very tasty due to its crispiness and slightly sweet taste. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal with red pepper flakes and salt. Working with one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat generously with the seasoned cereal, pressing the cereal to help them stick.
Cereal Chicken instructions
- Marinade the chicken for about 30 minutes, then deep fried..
- Heat a pan, put on butter, fry the curry leaves and chilli. Then add the cereal in. Add some sugar for sweeter taste, and stir to avoid burn..
- As soon as the chicken been fried, mix it with the cereal..
Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet. Dip into the flour, then dip into the egg, then coat each tender entirely in cereal mixture. How to Cook Homestyle Crispy Butter Cereal Chicken This recipe is a reminiscent of butter prawns. It has nestum cereal in it which is tasty due to its crispiness. Curry leaves lend an Indian influence and an extra hint to this popular Malaysian dish.