Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup. Serve this fragrant soup with a swirl of coconut milk and fresh coriander (cilantro) for a fantastic spiced vegan pumpkin soup. Today I'm revisiting (and I'm starting with a favourite, my Thai Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe. It was one of the earliest recipes I shared and is one I still make regularly.
Add half of the remaining coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper and heat through without allowing the soup to boil. Cut the leaves into threadlike shreds. You can have Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup
- You need 350 grm of yellow pumpkin (peeled ) cubed.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 5oo ml of chicken stock.
- You need 800 ml of coconut cream ( canned).
- It’s 1 cup of basil leaves.
- Prepare to taste of pepper and salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for shrimp paste.
- Prepare 125 grm of prawns (shelled and deveined ).
- You need 10 of shallots ,peeled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli ,minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger ,grated.
- You need 1 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon grass stalk, finely chopped.
Ladle the soup into bowls, add the remaining coconut cream, forming a swirl on top of each bowl, and garnish with the lime leaf or zest. This Thai pumpkin soup is creamy and full of flavour, zest and spice. It's filling enough for a meal or can be paired with shredded or diced chicken or grilled prawns for extra protein. A bit of this, a bit of that, and some coconut cream and I ended up with one of the best pumpkin soups I've ever made.
Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup step by step
- Using a mortar and pestle pound together all the ingredients listed under shrimp paste to form a well mixed paste..
- Toss the pumpkin cubes in lemon juice and keep aside..
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the shrimp paste, coconut cream and 250 ml chicken stock.Whisk well so no lumps remain..
- On medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and stir to ensure there are no lumps..
- Add pumpkin and cook on low heat until pumpkin is tender but not mushy..
- Add the remaining 250 ml chicken stock, salt,pepper and basil leaves. Stir through and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This Thai pumpkin soup recipe is simple to make and tastes as delicious as the pumpkin soup from your favorite Thai restaurant! In Thailand, pumpkin and coconut milk are commonly paired up to make a variety of both savory and sweet entrees. In this recipe, the two come together beautifully in a. Add coconut cream, season with salt, pepper and fish sauce, and heat through without allowing soup to boil. Taste and adjust seasoning, then add lime juice and finely shredded kaffir lime leaves (keep some aside for garnish).