Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos. Great recipe for Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos. Don't use corn tortillas as they will split and crack terribly upon construction. Shredded pork is another great option!
Green Chile Chicken Taquitos Recipe- Step by Step. Follow along below as I outline the recipe and go through all of my tips, tricks and step by step instructions for this recipe. If you just want a quick view of the recipe, you can scroll on down to the bottom where you will find a simple recipe card. You can cook Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos using 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos
- It’s of Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts [trim fat].
- You need 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [+ water as needed].
- It’s of Taquito Seasonings.
- It’s 1 of 16 oz Bucket Bueno Hot Hatch Green Chiles [reserve 4 tablespoons – do not drain & discard juices].
- Prepare 1 cup of 8 oz Bag Mexican 4 Cheese Blend [plus reserves to top while baking].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Wrapping.
- Prepare of 6" Or 4" Fluffy Flour Tortillas [your choice but room temp].
- It’s of Dip Options.
- It’s 2 can of 10 oz Green Enchilada Sauce [+ 4 tablespoons reserved, drained green chiles].
- You need of Red Salsa.
- It’s of Green Salsa.
- It’s of Guacamole.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- You need of Pam Spray.
- It’s 1 medium of Boiling Pot.
- It’s 1 large of Cookie Sheet.
- It’s of Tinfoil.
- Prepare 1 box of Toothpicks.
- Prepare 1 of Tongs.
I use this chicken for lots of different recipes. It is a great go-to recipe for anything Mexican. Begin by preparing the chicken earlier in the day. Add your frozen chicken breasts and the seasoning packet to a crock pot.
Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos step by step
- Here's about all you'll need..
- Rinse breasts and trim fat..
- Add 32 oz box Chicken Broth to a pot and add chicken breasts. Add additional water to fully cover breasts if needed. Cover and boil on high until breasts are fully cooked. Add additional water as needed during boil time..
- At about 35 minutes boiling time, peirce the thickest part of your largest chicken breast with a knife. If it's fluids run pink, boil longer. Clear? You're good to go!.
- Pull breasts from pot with tongs and allow to cool slightly, but not totally. You'll want that moisture in your heated chicken upon mixing in your dried seasonings..
- Finely shread chicken breasts with 2 forks in a large bowl. Discard any fat or anything unsightly..
- ° Add everything in the Taquito Seasonings section – except for reserves and 4 tablespoons of your 16 oz bucket Bueno Green Hatch Chile – and mix well. Drain fluids but, definitely reserve them. You'll need all of that delicious roasted green chile moisture in your shredded chicken mixture. But, not in your upcoming easy enchilada sauce. If, you choose to make that. ° If choosing NOT to make the enchilada sauce dip, add all chiles and chile fluids to your chicken mixture and mix well..
- Place seasoned shreadded chicken in your tortillas. Tightly roll up these tortillas as you'll want them moist upon service. Pin with 1 toothpick. As pictured in photo #2 below..
- ° Place taquitos on a lightly sprayed foil lined cookie sheet. I'll also pack my remaining chicken mixture to the empty ends of my taquitos. See comparable pictures below. ° Add shreadded cheese to the tops. Garnish with dried Cilantro and Chives if you'd like. ° Since your chicken mixture is already cooked, bake taquitos at 350° until tortillas are crispy and browned and cheese is melted. About 25 – 30 minutes. ° Bake on a lifted rack if not serving immediately. They'll be crisper. Especially on the bottoms..
- If you'd like a less crispy baked taquito, lightly brush a cilantro infused or plain olive oil on the tops of your taquitos, place cheese on top, then bake..
- IMPORTANT NOTE! Pull all toothpicks after baking or frying..
- Add your 4 tablespoons Bueno Green Chile to your two 10 oz cans of green enchilada sauce and heat. Use this as an easy, delicious dip option. Or, just follow this easy recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349604-mikes-1-minute-green-chile-enchilada-sauce.
- ° Personally, the most of us here prefer these taquitos without any side condiments whatsoever. The intense flavor of the chicken and broth, Hatch Chiles and Cumin are plenty enough flavor on their own. ° However, serve your taquitos immediately from your oven with chilled sour cream, salsa, guacamole and, your warmed green chili enchilada sauce to the side. Know that options are always appreciated by your guests! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345482-mikes-fiesta-guacamole.
- If choosing to deep fry your spicy shredded chicken taquitos, follow the exact same recipe directions. But, instead of baking, place 2" inches of vegetable oil in a large pan and fry them for about 2 minutes. Or, until taquitos are crispy and golden brown. Flip taquitos once during fry time then, drain well on absorbant paper towels..
- The best way I know to reheat these. A Toast-R-Oven. The tortillas will crisp right back up and the chicken will be just as juicy..
Add the green chilis and stir. To keep these green chile and chicken filled taquitos on the lighter side I did a couple thing. I of course wanted the filling to be creamy, because creamy filling are just about the best thing ever. I used low fat cream cheese and non fat plain Greek yogurt to achieve this healthier creaminess. And just like tacos, I love experimenting with the different things that you can stuff taquitos with.