Tofu Fried Rice. Stir together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Add soy mixture and cooked rice to skillet and stir to combine, then add tofu. The biggest key to cooking tofu properly: dry it out.
A healthy, satisfying plant-based side or entrée. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl until just combined. You can have Tofu Fried Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Fried Rice
- Prepare 2 packs of tofu.
- It’s 3.5 cups of brown rice raw.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s of Spring onion.
- You need of Chopped garlic.
- Prepare of Chopped ginger.
- Prepare of Peas and carrots.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Soy sauce -.
- It’s of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Olive oil -.
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Next time you're craving Chinese takeout, make this veggie-packed fried rice recipe in about the same time instead. Tofu and eggs give this vegetarian fried rice staying power from protein, and brown rice boosts fiber. And I've gotta admit, it also tastes much better than some of the one-hour meals I whip out.
Tofu Fried Rice step by step
- Cook rice.
- Fry tofu. Add soy sauce half way..
- Fry onions. Add garlic, ginger near end. As spring onions. Add peas and carrots. Add chilli and pepper..
- Add oil to pot, put in rice and fry. Mix everything else back in..
Tofu is a healthy way to include a protein to your rice and veggies. But the tricky part in making a delicious tofu fried rice is draining the tofu completely of water, which otherwise will not allow the marinade to mix well and would taste bland. Check out my Notes section for additional Tofu & Rice cooking tips. Tofu Fried Rice is a delicious Indo Chinese preparation of rice with vegetables and tofu. This one pot meal is easy to make and turns delicious.