Fattush Salad *Vegan. Many of you know I am half Lebanese, and I grew up eating Arabic food. This is a dish after my own heart! To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic clove, lemon juice, and olive oil, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and sumac.
The only "gotcha" is the pomegranate molasses and sumac ingredients that you use to make the dressing might be a bit hard to find, depending on where you are. As with any fresh salad, fattoush is the sum of its parts. So here are just a few tips: Start with selecting the best produce you find, ripe tomatoes, freshly-picked herbs, etc. You can have Fattush Salad *Vegan using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fattush Salad *Vegan
- Prepare 3/4 of iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 4 of cucumbers.
- Prepare 5 of raddish.
- You need 5 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of brown onion (fine chopped).
- It’s 1 of garlic clove (fine chopped).
- It’s 100 gr of spinach (optional).
- It’s 100 gr of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mint flake.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 pcs of Lebanese bread.
Don't use store-bought pita chips (there is certainly a place for those, but not in fattoush salad). This Easy Fattoush Salad Recipe substitutes the traditional bread with flavorful roasted chickpeas. Full of vegetables and herbs, it's vegan and gluten-free. Full of vegetables and herbs, it's vegan and gluten-free.
Fattush Salad *Vegan step by step
- Wash all veggies, peel cucumbers and raddish, leave part of the peel..
- Chop cucumbers and raddish thinly, put them in salad bowl..
- Chop tomatoes and lettuce smaller size than regular salad. Put them in salad bowl. Add fine chopped garlic and onion, mint leaves, spinach, and mint flake, mix together..
- Add salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses, mix well..
- Grill Lebanese bread or put it in a microwave or burn it with the fire on the stove until dry and crunchy, crack it and mix it with the salad..
- Ready to enjoy with Moojhadara..
Remove bread from oven, and set aside to cool. Make the salad: Combine the Romaine, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, radishes, mint, and half of the pita chips in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the lemon dressing, then toss until evenly combined. Fattoush salad is a beautiful, light meal perfect for warm evenings. To make it more of a complete meal, top it with crispy baked falafel.