Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles). Add the onion, chile, sugar, salt and peppercorns to a medium-sized, non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the cucumbers, cover tightly and remove from heat. In the pot, place all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
I live in North Western Pa, by Amish country. The longer they brine, the better! Their my absolute favorite, and so easy to make! You can have Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles)
- Prepare 250 gr of cucumbers, removed seeds and cut into stick shape.
- Prepare 150 gr of carrots, peeled and cut into stick shape.
- You need 50 gr of green friggiteli pepper.
- Prepare of Make puree:.
- Prepare 4 cloves of shallot.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of candlenuts.
- It’s 2-3 cm of fresh turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves, ripped.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemongrass, crushed.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Cut the cucumber, carrots, and onion into julienne strips. Place all vegetables in a medium-large glass bowl, sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Put the squash in a large pot and salt heavily. Drain the liquid from the squash.
Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles) step by step
- Preheat oil into wok, sauted puree bay leaf and lemongrass about 2-3 mins till smells good and bit brown. Pour water and stir till bubble comes..
- Add cucumber, carrot and chilli into wok and boil in 2 mins till half cooked. Seasoning with vinegar and sugar. Take out from stove and ready to serve. :).
- The pickles ready to serve with fried noodles or fried rice or you can make this for your sandwich 😊.
Take paper towels and wipe thoroughly until most of the salt is removed. These Sweet Yellow Squash Pickles are a mouth-watering summer snack. Whether you're adding them to a sandwich, serving them on a cheese board, or eating them right out of the jar, you'll love this pickled yellow squash. Every time I think about pickling something, that skit from Portlandia comes to mind. In a large non-aluminum pot, combine the squash, bell pepper, and onions.