Afghani Chicken Pulao.
You can have Afghani Chicken Pulao using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Afghani Chicken Pulao
- You need 1 of chicken cut into 12 pieces.
- Prepare 1 of carrot julienne cut.
- It’s 1 of big onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 3-4 of small tomatoes roughly chopped.
- You need 2 cups of rice (soaked for 30 minutes).
- It’s 2 3/4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 handful of julienne cut ginger.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- You need of Mix spices for the stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Spices:.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of bombay biryani masala.
- You need 2-3 of small pieces bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of crushed coriander.
- You need 5-6 of round black pepper.
- It’s 3-4 of cloves.
Afghani Chicken Pulao step by step
- In a stainless steel sauce pan add water, chicken, garlic cloves, 1/2 small onion and mix spices to prepare the stock..
- Meanwhile in another wok add oil and onion slices, sauté the onion till colour changes. We don’t want onions to become brown. Keeping a balance in colour is important for the Pulao..
- Next, add the ginger, carrot, green chillies and chopped tomatoes and chicken pieces from the stock that was being cooked for atleast 15 minutes..
- Add the spices and mix well..
- Now add 2 3/4 cups of the stock and then add the soaked and washed rice into it. Cook on medium flame..
- When the water evaporates and bubbles start to appear, turn the flame to the lowest and cover the wok. Cook for 7-8 minutes..
- Turn off the flame, mix well and served hot with salad and raita..