Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken. While the oven is preheating, place a dark, rimmed roasting or baking pan in the oven to heat up (more info in the post). On waxed paper or plate, mix flour, poultry seasoning, paprika and salt. Dip chicken in buttermilk to coat completely.
Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, dredge each piece in the crumb mixture, and put the pieces onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the chicken with oil. Buttermilk adds a sweet flavor to this oven-fried chicken but more importantly, its acids and enzymes break down the fibers of the chicken which makes it more tender and flavorful. You can cook Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- Prepare 100 g of bread crumbs.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
- It’s 4 of crushed honey and oats granola bars.
- You need 500 ml of Buttermilk.
- You need 100 ml of melted butter (about 6.5 table spoons).
- Prepare 20 pieces of chicken (which ever you may prefer).
I love good fried chicken but eat it rarely as it's really too fatty to be anything more than a treat. This delicious oven baked buttermilk chicken has great taste thanks to a good spritzing of some good olive oil, and a crisping blast of heat to start the baking. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken instructions
- Coat the chicken in the spices you prefer (paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, chilli powerder, onion powder, garlic powder etc) and then cover with the buttermilk.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours in the spice and buttermilk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, crushed gronola bars and spices together. Remember this is the coating off the chicken so make sure it has alot of flavour..
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed together and the chicken has marinated in the marinated. Remove the pieces of chicken from the marinade and coat them in the dry seasoning..
- Once all you chicken has been marinated and then coated with the seasoning, place the pieces on a baking try and brush the top of the chicken peices with the melted butter for golden crispy chicken..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45min at 210 Celsius which is 410 Fahrenheit. (Don't forget to preheat the oven).
This fried chicken receipe is absoultly fantastic,if you take your time get all your ingredients together in two groups,it is easy to make. It smells so good while it is cooking,and the taste is truly unbelievable. I will make this receipe over and over. In a shallow dish combine eggs, buttermilk, and salt. In another shallow dish stir together crushed corn flakes and oregano.