My mom's Chilean cake. Watch me as I bake and decorate my mom's birthday cake! I'm making a chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache and a raspberry italian meringue. As you were describing the cake at the beginning, I kept thinking, there's no way this could be the same recipe as MY mom's.
Chilean Holiday Fruitcake: Pan de Pascua Recipe. Sweet and savory dishes from Chile, cooked in a Texan kitchen. Mom's Best Apple Cake lots of apples in this cake, it's soft and moist. You can cook My mom's Chilean cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean cake
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 of orange.
There's also a hot caramel sauce poured over the cake after it's baked that makes this outrageously delicious! Chilean-style hot dogs called completos are filled with several delicious toppings. You'll never eat a hot dog the same way again. Completos – Chilean Style Hot Dog Recipe.
My mom's Chilean cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is a real old-fashioned American chocolate layer cake. It's very moist, very chocolatey, a snap to make and best baked the day before serving. Marcia Kiesel acquired the recipe from her friend Joyce Cole, who got it from her mother. Today she gave me this recipe for another soft apple cake (to distinguish them from her passover apple cake and her hard apple.