Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan. Wash and drain lentils and bulgur thoroughly. Add lentils to a pot with water and bring to a boil. It is still common in other parts of Lebanon and mostly made with rice instead.
It provides carbohydrates, proteins, Iron, fiber, and a full stomach. This vegan burger is different because rather than the usual bean base, it uses bulgur and lentils as a base. Do not get me wrong, I do like beans, however, if there is not enough fat in a bean base burger recipe, it sometimes turns out tough and not as moist. You can cook Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of green lentils.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of burghul.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 5 of brown onions.
- It’s 1/2 cups of cooking oil.
Here, if you are not familiar with bulgur, let me explain. Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan Aini Australia. Red Lentil and Bulgur Soup Red lentils and bulgur are simmered with a variety of spices and a secret ingredient of carrot juice, creating a creamy and filling soup sure to please kids and adults alike. Simple yet substantial, this warming soup combines vegetables with whole-grain bulgur and fiber-rich lentils for a hearty main course.
Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan instructions
- Wash green lentils and burghul really well..
- Boil green lentils in a pot with 4 cups of water around 10 mins until half cooked..
- Add burghul into a pot, mix with green lentils well, cover the pot until the water reduces completely..
- Peel and wash the onions, slice them ring shaped, put them in saute pan..
- Add cooking oil on top of sliced onoins, fry with high fire until turns brown, drain the oil..
- Put fried onion on top of Moojhadara and its ready to serve with fattush salad..
Vegan Lentil Quinoa Loaf: Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, nut. No wonder it is so popular! Mujadara with Bulgur PIN IT NOW Some people tend to think about mujadara as stricktly one type though there are tremendous ways of making mujadara/ mujaddara. Literally, there is a family of mujadara in Lebanon. Mujadara safra, mujadara hamra, mujadara makhbousa, mujadara with rice, mujadara with bulgur, etc….