Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce. This is a basic Satay Sauce made with coconut milk and peanut butter – Its wonderful! This Satay sauce is so good that it's so close to the one in the Thai place I eat atand the flavors are just irrestible that this sauce is excellent with Thai Satay of chicken or Beef It's. Remove from heat, plate, and garnish with an extra sprinkling of pepper if desired.
I always imagined fish tacos would be a fussy, messy affair, perhaps involving deep-frying or the necessity of a grill — certainly nothing I could just decide to make on a whim and pull together on a weeknight.. Chicken Satay Sauce Recipes on Yummly While most Western versions of satay sauce are made with peanut butter, our Thai version starts with real peanuts – and you'll taste the difference! You can cook Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce
- Prepare 500 gr of white fish fillet (i am using the Basa fish fillet).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 stalk of spring onion.
- It’s 1 stalk of coriander with the root.
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 250 ml of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of crushed peanut.
Just because this satay sauce is truly authentic doesn't mean it isn't easy to make–you simply mix all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and. Thai Fish Cakes – This popular Thai restaurant favourite is so easy to make at home! Fish Cakes can be so dull and boring. But THAI Fish Cakes are FABULOUS!
Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce step by step
- Blend diced fish, eggs, garlic, and red curry paste until smooth, add tapioca starch, spring onion, coriander, chicken powder and salt to taste.
- Shape to 1cm thick round flat cake with hand. Smear some oil to your hand before you grab the fish cake mixture..
- Heat a nonstick pan, pour little oil, cook the fish cake on medium heat until brown. It normally takes about 15 minutes to cook or the fish cake becomes puffy when it is cooked..
- Blanch the cabbage leaf, don't forget to remove the stalk or you will find it difficult to roll them later..
- In the hot saucepan, add oil, and then sautee the onions until brown. Add peanut butter, water, tamarind paste then turn to low heat to thicken the sauce. Add in crushed peanut, sweet soy sauce and salt to taste, set aside..
- Tear fish cake into pieces, wrap it with the blanched cabbage leaf and dip it into peanut sauce. Yummy!.
A classic Thai street food and my favourite starter at Thai restaurants along with Chicken Satay. From satay to maki to Asian chicken wings, feed party guests well with these Asian-inspired finger food recipes. Toss cashews and peanuts in caramelized sugar, fish sauce, garlic, and chile for a The freshly fried version is a marvel, the wrapper crisp. Satay or chicken satay conjures up a mental picture of perfectly grilled and nicely charred chicken skewers with mouthwatering peanut sauce. In Malaysia and Indonesia, rice cakes or ketupat are common.