Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating). Try some of these healthy and low-fat recipes for vegetarian stuffed tomatoes (many—though not all—of these recipes are dairy-free and vegan as well). You could also try using these recipes to make stuffed bell peppers instead of tomatoes, though you may need to increase the quantity of the stuffing in order to fill the peppers. A homemade vegan stuffed tomato recipe filled with a rice and veggie mixture and topped off with a bit of vegan cheese.
Wrap tightly in foil, then in plastic wrap, and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw tomatoes completely. Especially when it's a staple that you eat week in and week out. You can have Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating)
- Prepare 8 of Tomatoes (cut off tops and spoon out seeds).
- It’s 200 gms of Broccoli (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Zucchini (grated).
- It’s 300 grms of Canned Chickpeas.
- Prepare 20 gms of raw lentils (cooked to packet instructions).
- It’s 50 gms of raw quinoa (cooked to packet instructions).
- You need 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove (crushed).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
- You need 3 gms of Parmesan Cheese (I used Vegan Parmesan).
- You need 60 gms of Feta Crumbled (I used Vegan coconut Feta).
- You need of The Spices/Herbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sweet Paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Chili Flakes.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
In fact, it really kind of becomes critical at some point to seek out new recipes if you hope to continue enjoying it on a regular basis. Recipes like this clean eating Italian stuffed chicken breasts recipe. Mediterranean Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice are my favorite hearty side dish recipe or healthy vegetarian main. They can be made either vegan or vegetarian and are absolutely bursting with flavor.
Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) step by step
- Cook the lentils and quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain well..
- In the meantime preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a non-stick saucepan with olive oil and heat. Add onion, garlic and Oregano, Paprika & Chili Flakes. Stir and cook until onion is soft. Add the broccoli and cook until soft. Remove from heat and break up broccoli into fine pieces. Add the cooked quinoa, zucchini, cooked lentils, chickpeas, Parmesan and feta. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine..
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the tomatoes, keeping the tops. Hollow the tomatoes using a teaspoon. Fill the tomatoes with the broccoli mixture and press down firmly. Top with cheeses and replace tops. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients, these stuffed tomatoes come together very easily! I've made us tomatoes stuffed with rice! Which kind of grains would you like in the recipe? Canned tomatoes are a super versatile pantry staple that can be used in a variety of delicious, healthy dishes. From soups to pastas to stuffed peppers, these recipes will inspire your to get creative with canned tomatoes.