Indian spiced sauteed kale. I didn't have coriander or garam masala so I added red onion sauteed in olive oil with the garlic. Not enough flavor The Indian spices are nice but with that much kale I had to add sugar and apple cider vinegar which is the way my father. The Best Indian Spiced Kale Recipes on Yummly
An Indian pickle (achaar) or chili sauce would have been nice as well. The chickpeas would also have been so tasty served with either plain yogurt or a homemade vegan raita. Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste. You can have Indian spiced sauteed kale using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian spiced sauteed kale
- You need 2 bunches of kale, leaves separated from stalk and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of Dried red chilliies.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Mustard seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 table spoon of Shredded coconut.
- It’s 8-10 of roasted cashews, chopped.
Add broth, coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt. When preparing kale for these recipes, remove the tough ribs, chop or tear the. with Sautéed Kale. While the rice cooks, wash and dry the kale. Separate the leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then roughly chop the leaves.
Indian spiced sauteed kale instructions
- Heat oil in a saute panm when hot, add garlic, red chillies, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and wait for theustard seeds to splutter.
- Add in the chopped kale and some salt, and saute until the leaves lose water and are fully cooked.
- Towards the end, mix in the coconut powder..
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with roasted cashews bits..
Sauteed kale with apples and onion is a quick and easy side dish that adds a nice green color to any dinner plate. The apples come out still a bit crisp and sweet. That's the way I did it and kale was good. Wash the kale well and remove the leaves from the stems. Save the stems for cooking or smoothies or discard them.