EASY orange chicken and fried rice. To make this easy orange chicken recipe, the bite-size chicken gets tossed in a simple breading then is baked and broiled to crispy perfection then is bathed in the most-lick-the-plate alluring, multidimensional orange sauce ever! In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes.
Remove chicken with a slotted spoon (allow oils and cooking juices from chicken to remain in skillet) and place chicken on a plate; set aside. To find more recipes from Dan, be sure to visit his site! Orange Chicken Fried Rice: A Simple Weeknight Meal. You can have EASY orange chicken and fried rice using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of EASY orange chicken and fried rice
- You need of for the chicken:.
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch cubes.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- You need 1 bottle of Panda Express orange sauce.
- It’s of For the rice:.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice (rinsed, cooked and cooled completely).
- You need 1/3 of purple onion finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots diced fine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce or oyster sauce.
One of my new favorite Chinese food take-out dishes is Orange Chicken. Not the most healthy item on the menu, but it's so good. Serve it with rice and steamed vegetables or salad and you have an easy weeknight meal and you didn't even have to get takeout. This recipe for Orange Chicken has a crispy exterior and a sweet, sticky, tangy sauce that comes together all in one pan.
EASY orange chicken and fried rice step by step
- Heat fryer to 375, Mix spices with flour and dip chicken in flour egg then flour and fry until golden brown and floating. Toss in orange sauce..
- Heat a pan up to high heat and put oil in pan with carrots and onion. Cook until tender. slide to the side of the pan and crack your egg in and scramble. Stir it all together and place in a bowl. Place butter in pan and fry rice until brown and add in egg and veggies and soy sauce..
The BEST Chicken Fried Rice Recipe. This chicken fried rice will easily become one of your go-to dinners! It's easy, it calls for basic ingredients, it's hearty and filling and it's perfectly flavorful. Plus it's quick to make and clean up is a breeze. This chicken fried rice has moist and tender chicken with flavorful peas and carrots and long rice cooked together.