Tri Colour Kheer Peas Rice and Carrot kheer. Carrot kheer, also known as carrot payasam, is a sweet milky pudding perfect for any special occasion. Unlike the more popular rice kheer, this recipe is rice-free, making it grain-free as well. I realize that a rice-free kheer may seem unusual, but trust me – it's.
Add beef stock, parsley, thyme, peas and sauteed carrots; stir to combine. Carrot rice is lightly spiced and delicious rice recipe made with rice, grated carrots, herbs and Since this carrot rice is mildly spiced, it goes well with kids. There is a subtle sweetness coming from the The simplicity brought out the wonderful taste and it was a treat to see the colour and flavour. You can have Tri Colour Kheer Peas Rice and Carrot kheer using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tri Colour Kheer Peas Rice and Carrot kheer
- It’s 1 cup of peas blanched.
- You need 1 cup of Carrot grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of broken rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need as needed of milk.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of cardamon powder.
- It’s 6 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped cashews.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped pistacios.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee/ clarified butter.
Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Also I was running low on tumeric so I only used a teaspoon but that seemed fine for us and still gave the rice a bright beautiful color. Carrot Kheer is one the easiest recipes of kheer and is prepared as a Navratri special festival food. Gajar ki kheer can be Warm and comforting flavors, visually appealing, rich and sweet, carrot kheer lends a striking dash of orange to the table.
Tri Colour Kheer Peas Rice and Carrot kheer instructions
- For green layer, blend peas into a smooth paste, add some water of required..
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee on a deep bottom pan, add peas paste and cook on medium flame and keep stirring..
- After 5-7 minutes, add 1 cup milk in parts and keep stirring.Add 1 tbsp cardamon powder and mix..
- Add 2 tbsp sugar or as per taste and 3 tbsp milk powder and mix well..
- Keep stirring and cook till it leave sides. Pour in a glass till 1/3rd and let it set. Add pistacios from above..
- For white layer- boil 250 gm milk and add soaked rice and cook on medium flame..
- Cook till it starts to thicken. Add sugar and cardamon powder and mix. Keep stirring! Add chopped cashews and Let it rest when done..
- For saffron layer: Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add grated carrots..
- Cook on a medium flame. When carrots are little cooked, add 1/2 cup milk and 1 tbsp cardamon powder and mix..
- Add sugar as per taste..
- Add another 1/2 cup milk. Keep stirring. Cook till it thickens..
- Let it cool a bit and then add layers to the glass. First green, then white and then saffron. Garnish with pistacios. Make sure everything is completely thick and cool so that the layers don't mix..
A decadent dessert to finish off a festive thali (meal). I love making kheers and payasam for desert , because they are so easy to make but delicious to eat. One of my latest favorite is this yummy carrot kheer. Oneday I was thinking to make some kind of desert for lunch. Also, the Carrots in this Kheer adds to the sweetness anyway as Carrots are naturally sweet.