Salmon roll with pickles thin-sliced turnips. Pickled Turnip (Senmaizuke) is a Kyoto specialty food. Thinly sliced turnip is marinated in sweet vinegar with konbu and chilli. Crunchy turnip with sweet and sour flavour – it's great with rice and goes well with drinks as nibbles.
This is great as a first course or appetizer served on thin-sliced dark bread or on rye crackers. Downloaded from Glens MM Recipe Archive, G Internet. Pickled turnips are a popular Middle Eastern mezes. You can have Salmon roll with pickles thin-sliced turnips using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon roll with pickles thin-sliced turnips
- Prepare 5 pieces of Senmaiduke.
- You need 100 g of smoked salmon.
- It’s 6 of imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 18 of honewort (mitsuba).
- You need of peels of Yuzu citrus.
- You need of salmon roe.
Adding a beet slice to each jar turns the turnips pink; you can omit this step if you like. Wash turnips well and slice them thinly on a mandolin. Place turnip slices in a small bowl and toss with the salt. Let rest until there is a pool of liquid on the Place pickled turnips in the fridge and chill before eating.
Salmon roll with pickles thin-sliced turnips instructions
- Boil honewort (mitsuba)..
- Put 1 imitation crabstick and 1 piece of smoked salmon on a piece of pickles thin-sliced tunips (senmaiduke) and roll it..
- Tie the roll (step 2) with boiled honewort. It looks like a green ribbon on the roll..
- Cut step 3 into 3 pieces..
- Put some salmon roe and peels of Yuzu citrus on the top of the roll. It's done!.
For the sushi roll: On a sushi mat lay down the nori. Spread the sushi rice over the nori in an even layer. We combined sliced turnips with carrots, Korean red pepper (gochugaru), mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and ginger. The result was well spiced but a bit too vinegary for our tastes Do you have any good turnip pickle recipes to recommend? Related: What Are Some Great Ways to Cook Turnips?