Jhinge diye Bhaja Muger Dal.
You can have Jhinge diye Bhaja Muger Dal using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jhinge diye Bhaja Muger Dal
- You need 1/2 cup of split green gram (moong dal), dry roasted & soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 cups of Ridge gourd (turai) cut into roundels.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of panch phoron (equal quantities of fennel, fenugreek, mustard, cumin & nigella seeds).
- Prepare 1 " of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 2 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Jhinge diye Bhaja Muger Dal instructions
- Discard the peel partially and cut into roundels..
- Pressure cook the dal & the chopped turai in 1 cup water & turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with the bay leaf, red chilies, panch phoron, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Allow it to splutter..
- Add the grated ginger & saute for a few seconds..
- Add the boiled dal, cumin powder, salt & green chilies. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes..
- When done, add ghee and coriander leaves..
- Serve with plain steamed rice for a great comfort meal..