Shahi Moong Dal.
You can cook Shahi Moong Dal using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shahi Moong Dal
- You need 1/2 cup of Split moong dal (green gram), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Ghee.
- You need 1 tsp. of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 3 of Green cardamoms.
- It’s 4 of Cloves.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Turmeric powder.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Green chilies, slit.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Yoghurt, beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of Cream.
- You need pinch of Saffron soaked in milk/water.
- Prepare As required of Coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare Pinch of Red chilli flakes to garnish.
Shahi Moong Dal step by step
- Pressure cook the soaked moong dal in 1 cup water for 5-6 whistles. Mash well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, cardamoms and cloves. After it stops spluttering, add half of the garlic and saute till it changes colour..
- Add the onion and turmeric powder and fry till light brown. Now add the boiled dal, yoghurt, milk, cream, salt, green chilies, pepper powder, 1/2 cup water and garam masala powder..
- Simmer on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Add the saffron and mix well. Remove from the flame..
- Heat ghee and temper with the remaining cumin seeds. Let it splutter and then add the remaining garlic..
- Saute till light brown. Pour this tempering on the prepared dal and garnish with coriander leaves and chilli flakes..