Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Yes, you can freeze the baked zucchini fries in a single layer on a baking sheet to use at a later date. The texture of the vegetable may be mushy after thawing, however.
In a third pie plate, whisk together the panko, Parmesan, smoked paprika, and another big pinch of salt and pepper. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside. In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste. You can cook Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries
- You need 3 of zucchinni.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, well beaten.
- You need of Flour for dredging.
- You need of Italian Bread Crumbs enough for what you have sliced.
- Prepare of Olive oil or non stick spray.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Oven baked zucchini fries are sticks of zucchini that are breaded and baked (or fried!). I used Parmesan cheese for the breading to avoid carbs, gluten, and the need for any specialty flours. I'll be the first to admit, when I'm craving junk food but want to stay healthy, these baked Parmesan zucchini fries are a lifesaver! Add the zucchini to a parchment lined sheet tray, leaving ample room between each fry so it has room to crisp up form the heat of the oven.
Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries instructions
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Set aside..
- Slice zucchini into rounds or strips like fries. I cut mine into about 3 inch long fries..
- Dredge zucchini in flour..
- Dip pieces into beaten eggs, coating evenly..
- Roll zucchini thats been dredged and dipped in egg into bread crumb and cheese mixture..
- Coat evenly..
- Drizzle with oil or spray with non stick butter flavor spray..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender..
- Serve as side dish or snack with favorite dipping sauce..
Give the zucchini a light spritz with some non-stick spray and sprinkle again with some salt. Now it's time for the long-awaited baked zucchini fries. They are crispy, crunchy, addictive and surprisingly easy to make! To begin, simple slice your zucchini into circles or long strips. Either way works fine but we prefer the strips!