Steamed fish with Thai sauce. Thai steamed fish with aromatic lemongrass and refreshing lime sauce. Super easy and healthy recipe, best eaten with a bowl of rice or simply like that. Use a steamer and steam any white fish that you like and then discard all the liquid formed while steaming the fish.
Salt the fish on both sides and then rub with sesame oil. Set in your baking dish while you prepare the sauce and other. For the method of making Thai steamed fish, make sure your watch the video for the complete tutorial, and also But really, all you have to do is steam the fish, mix the sauce ingredients all together, and then combine the plain steamed fish with the lime and chili garlic sauce, and you've got pla kapong. You can cook Steamed fish with Thai sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed fish with Thai sauce
- Prepare 1 of whole white fish (like seabass or seabream).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of stem of lemongrass.
- You need 3 cups of Chicken stock or any stock.
- Prepare 1 of fresh chilly.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Fresh corriandros.
- It’s 2-3 of table sp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of table sp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Lime or lemon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Steamed fish can be a beautiful thing. Steaming is a simple, healthy cooking method that works especially well with fish. I coat them with a fragrant Thai coconut sauce that's whipped up in a blender. Then they're steamed and topped with a bit of delicious decadence – fried shallot rings and.
Steamed fish with Thai sauce step by step
- Take the fish and make cuts across the body of fish. Inside the cavity put lemongrass. Sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Put the fish on the steamer or whatever you have. You can half boil it in some dish. Just put water until the half of the fish and cover with silver paper. Whatever works.
- Meanwhile chop chilly and garlic..
- Saute chilly and garlic on the sesame oil. When the smell will reach you, add stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice. Make everything according to your taste- as lemonish as spicy you want. Boil the sauce for a min and close the fire..
- Fish is ready. Put the sauce on top. Put fresh corriandros on top. And serve. Whole. Steamed rice will be the perfect pair. You will love it!!!.
While the fish is steaming make the sauce. For the sauce: Combine stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil and sugar in a bowl. When fish is done, turn off the heat, and you'll notice water collected in the plate. With the fish still in the steamer, tilt the plate to pour off the. Place the fish on a rack or in a bamboo steamer; lay the cilantro sprigs on top of the fish.