Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage. This Italian Sausage Rotini is a husband favorite (our kids love it too)! It's a little spicy and really cheesy and just yummy. Even though this is an Italian sausage rotini bake, that doesn't mean you have to use rotini noodles.
I had some of their Italian Cheese in the fridge that I wanted to try, so this was a great choice. This was a hearty and delicious meal that everyone enjoyed. I will definitely make it again! You can have Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage
- It’s 1 box of rotini pasta (16 ounce).
- It’s 1 (1 lb) of Italian Hot Sausage(OR Sweet sausage).
- You need 1-1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 package of fresh mushrooms (sliced).
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need of Fresh minced garlic (about 6 cloves).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Basil leaves.
- You need of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of -can Condensed Tomato Soup.
- You need 1 of – soup can milk.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese (8 ounce bag), shredded.
- It’s of Salt for boiling pasta.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
This delicious oven baked Italian sausage is the easiest dinner ever! You'll always want to have some Italian sausages in the freezer for a busy weeknight! Another amazing thing about this easy baked Italian sausage recipe is the fact that you can bake it straight from frozen. How to Make Baked Penne With Italian Sausage.
Baked Rotini with Italian Hot Sausage instructions
- In a large pot sauté the Italian sausage (remove from casing), ground beef, fresh mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and fresh garlic, breaking up your ground beef and Italian sausages as you cook it……cook until meats are browned and veggies are tender….drain any fat from pot…..
- Add to sautéed meat mixture and veggies the black pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano and basil leaves, stir gently……
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato soup with the soup can of milk, cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes……stirring gently……
- Meanwhile boil water for your pasta, don’t forget to add a little bit of salt 🧂 to the water !!! Boil until pasta is slightly done, but not completely cooked……Drain pasta, but leave just a small amount of water in the pot, your going to add this yummy pasta water with the pasta to your sauce….. 😋.
- Mix cooked and mostly drained pasta into sausage / ground beef / veggie mixture, mix all well………
- Pour all into a greased 13×9 inch baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray……
- Put shredded mozzarella cheese over your pasta sausage mixture…..
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and top is nicely browned…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain it and set it aside. The great thing about casseroles like this is their versatility. Pretty much any type of pasta can work. Penne, ziti, shells, rigatoni, fusilli, rotini, whatever you have. A food blog with mostly simple, always seasonal recipes.