Taco Meat. The absolute BEST ground beef Taco Meat! An easy to make homemade taco seasoning and a secret ingredient that makes this the most flavorful and juiciest taco meat EVER! Perfect for loading up on soft or hard shell tacos and topping with all your favorites!
Make a big batch and use for a multiple of different meals: add to bean burritos for a more hearty and tasty burrito, or add a can of beans (kidney, red, or pinto) and use for Frito® Pie, Navajo tacos, or taco salad. You can serve Seasoned Taco Meat in a variety of ways. Use it as a filling for tacos or enchiladas, or as a topping for pizza or baked potatoes. You can cook Taco Meat using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco Meat
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of taco kit.
- You need 1 TBS of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 TBS of Dried Cilantro.
- You need 1 TBS of Dried Basil.
Taco Recipes Find recipes and tips for making delicious tacos from Bobby, Marcela, Alton and more Food Network chefs. Plus see how restaurants get creative when filling tortillas for taco-loving. This made great beef tostadas and burritos. As written this would have been too spicy for some of my diners so I cut the crushed red pepper and the cayenne pepper in half skipped the salt instead using a cube of chicken boullion in with double the water and subbed onion powder for the minced dried.
Taco Meat instructions
- Brown ground beef with dried garlic, cilantro and basil. Drain fat off when cooked through..
- Add beef back to sauté pan. Add season packet from kit and hot sauce from kit. Then add the specified amount of water. Heat to boiling then simmer for about 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated..
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, tomatos, lettuce, cheese, etc….
Ground beef seasoned generously with Mexican spices is tossed with black beans and corn to create what we consider the best taco meat recipe – it is perfect for tacos, salads, burritos, quesadillas, and nachos. This taco meat is also my saving grace every year as we get back in the routine of school and other activities. USES: Tacos, burritoes, enchiladas, taco salad, sloppy taco joes, nachoes, taco dip. BRILLIANT IDEA: Pour dried onion flakes, seasonings and herbs into a pile on a small square of foil. Close tightly, store in a zippered plastic baggie.