Tofu with Sweet Soy Sauce *Vegan. Crispy Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce. Baked Crunchy Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips with Sweet chili dipping sauce. Vegan Appetizer Recipe for Super bowl Gameday.
Whisk soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and ginger in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. When oil is rippling across the surface, carefully. You can have Tofu with Sweet Soy Sauce *Vegan using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu with Sweet Soy Sauce *Vegan
- You need 500 gr of fried tofu (I only have 300gr at the moment).
- It’s 1 of big tomato.
- It’s 2 of long red chili.
- It’s 2 of bayleaves.
- It’s 1 pinch of tamarind.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water for tamarind.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of brown onions.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
If you have a sweet tooth or you like Chinese, Thai or Japanese cuisine, chances are you'll love sweet soy sauce, also called kecap manis or ketjap manis. It's essentially soy sauce with added sugar—typically palm sugar, although some importers specify simply "sugar" on the labels— and it is sweet, viscous, and nothing like the stuff you'll find at the local Japanese sushi spot. Sweet and Sour Tofu coming atcha! We're talking bite sized pieces of cornmeal coated baked crispy tofu, tossed in a sticky and sweet Healthy Sweet and Sour Sauce, with added onions, bell peppers and pineapple pieces to bring it all together.
Tofu with Sweet Soy Sauce *Vegan instructions
- Cut up fried tofu into small pieces. Chop garlics, one onion, chilies, and tomato. Cut another onion into 2 pieces and slice them thinly. Add 1 tbsp water into tamarind and squeeze it well with the water..
- Pre-heat cooking oil into saute pan, add chopped onion and garlics, saute them until turn golden, add chilies, tomatoes, sliced onion, mix well, cook until they turn soft. Add tamarind water, bayleaves and kaffir lime leaves, and salt, mix well..
- Add tofu, mix well. Add sweet soy sauce and water, stir until the water reduces..
- Ready to serve with rice or bread..
It's easy, it's healthy and it's so good! I'm loving it because it's: ABC Sweet Soy: One Sauce, Many Ways! Sweetener: You can use maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener of choice. Add veggies of choice: I used peppers because they pair well with this sweet and sour sticky tofu, however, you can use other veggies of choice (e.g. broccoli). Air fryer option: Bake the tofu in the air fryer instead of the oven.