Nutty chicken. The pecans that give this dish its unique nutty flavor are plentiful in the South, and so is chicken. I love to make and serve this simple oven fried chicken dish because the chicken comes out moist, tasty and crispy. —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida Heat the grill to medium. Put the chicken on a baking tray, drizzle with ½ tbsp oil and season.
Cut chicken into thin slices and set aside. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with almonds, cilantro and curry powder. Toss chicken strips with flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. You can cook Nutty chicken using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nutty chicken
- It’s 300 grams of Chicken boneless.
- Prepare 2 of Bell pepper (any colour, cut into big pieces).
- You need 10 of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 10 of almonds.
- You need 5 of Dates (if you are not get big one, then add 3 more).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chill powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fried onion.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s Knob of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lime juice.
Dip both sides in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then coat with the nutty-breading. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Nutty chicken instructions
- Soak nuts and dates in warm water, for 20 mins..
- Wash chicken, marinate with turmeric powder, garlic paste, salt, soya sauce. Keep for 30 mins..
- Meanwhile grind soaked nuts, dates, onion as fine paste..
- Heat pan, add oil, add chicken, chilli powder and cook in medium flame for 10 mins. Now add ground paste, mix well, cover and cook for 10min, sprinkle 1/2 cup water, now add bell pepper, again cover and cook for 15 min in low flame. Stir often. Remove and add butter and lime juice. Serve after 15 mins..
Add chicken to beaten egg; stir to coat. Dip each chicken strip lightly into crushed granola bars; add to skillet. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. This Nutty Chicken is coated in almonds nad pecans and becomes so crunchy and delicious, you won't miss those old-fashioned breaded ones. Pecans and almonds are loaded with amazing nutrients that help reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and aid in weight loss.