Dill Quickles (Quick Pickles).
You can cook Dill Quickles (Quick Pickles) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dill Quickles (Quick Pickles)
- Prepare 1/2 of an English (Hothouse) Cucumber, halved vertically, then cut into 1/8" thick slices (You can use 2 Persian/Lebanese or 2 small pickling cukes.).
- It’s 1-1.25 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dry dill.
- You need 1/2 of garlic clove grated OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
Dill Quickles (Quick Pickles) step by step
- In a medium bowl sprinkle the salt on the cucumbers and mix thoroughly. Let the cucumbers sit for 30 to 45 minutes so they can release water. Midway, give them a stir..
- In fistfuls, squeeze the water out of the cucumbers, and put the cucumbers in a new bowl, discarding the salted water. Between the salting and the squeezing, this is where you get that awesome quickled crunch!.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, and dill and mix thoroughly..
- Let them sit for about 10 minutes in that brine – ideally in a shallow bowl or container so the minimal brine is enough to cover – and they should be ready to enjoy. :).