Oven baked chicken and rice. This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. One Dish Chicken and Rice Bake One Dish Chicken and Rice Bake.
Basmati rice or Jasmine rice can be substituted with the same liquid ratio and cooking time. Please do not use short grain rice, medium grain rice, risotto, paella or minute rice. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. You can have Oven baked chicken and rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven baked chicken and rice
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 cups of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of tb.s. butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of t.s. paprica.
- Prepare 1/2 of t.s. onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 of t.s. dried powder.
- It’s 1 of t.s. dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of t.s. salt.
Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables! Baked chicken and rice is one of the ultimate comfort foods, and this recipe is a one-pot wonder. With bone-in chicken thighs and long-grain rice mixed with onions, garlic, and spices, this is a flavorful meal that's big enough for the whole family and fast enough for a weeknight. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined.
Oven baked chicken and rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, then place butter in the centre. Bake for 12-15 minutes after butter melts. Meanwhile, mix together paprica, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix..
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken. Cover with foil, then bake for 40 minutes at 210 C. Remove foil then bake for a further 20 minutes. Let it cool down a little. Then remove chicken and fluff up rice..
- Video where I cook this: https://youtu.be/2-uuni1_NGI?sub_confirmation=1.
The Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole is made completely from scratch in this easy one pan recipe that's sure to please the whole family! Chicken and Rice Casserole is a classic family favorite here in the United States. In this recipe I've stuck with a completely "from scratch" concept. I also used a seasoning blend from Penzeys, "Ruth Ann's Chicken & Fish" seasoning. Place chicken in baking pan tent with foil.