Beef and Vegetable Soup.
You can cook Beef and Vegetable Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Vegetable Soup
- You need 1 kg of stewing beef on the bone, cut into 5cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium tomato, diced.
- It’s 1 of medium turnip, chopped into 0,5-1cm cubes.
- You need 1 of medium potato, chopped into 0,5-1cm cubes.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, chopped into 0,5-1cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery with leaves, diced.
- You need 1 of leek, cut in half and then sliced.
- Prepare 2 liters of chicken stock.
- You need 0,5 liter of water.
- It’s 250 ml of dry soup mix, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 50 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Beef and Vegetable Soup instructions
- Preheat a big pot on the stovetop to medium high heat.
- Lightly season beef with salt and pepper. Brown in the pot with half of the olive oil. You might have to do this in 2-3 batches. Set the beef aside..
- In the same pot add the remainder of the olive oil and brown the onions for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Put the beef back in the pot with the stock and water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1,5 hours over a medium low heat, covered. Stirring every 15 minutes.
- Now add everything else including salt and pepper. Excluding the parsley. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour covered. Stirring every 15 minutes. Cook for a further 30 minutes uncovered..
- Stir in the parsley and remove from heat. Let it rest for 30 minutes before serving..