Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked. Oven-grilling allows you to cook the sandwiches all at once (and without turning them) rather than cooking them in batches on the stovetop. Meanwhile, put the whole loaf of rye bread (unwrapped) into the oven. Prepare the Baked Reuben Sandwiches in a disposable container and you can just toss it before the game.
A rich meat sauce is topped with a rich cheese sauce in a hollowed-out crisp roll, then baked until everything blends together. These lasagna sandwiches are so delicious it's surprising. You can use pork sausage or ground beef in the filling, and any type of cheese. You can have Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked
- Prepare 1 lb of shaved Corned Beef.
- Prepare of (1) package sliced Swiss Cheese (12 slices).
- It’s of (1) loaf good Rye bread.
- You need of (1) 14oz can Sauerkraut.
- You need 1000 of Island Dressing….or make your own-its better:).
We chose Havarti and part-skim mozzarella because we love the flavor combination. Last name should only contain letters, numbers and spaces. Please enter at least the first two letters of the last name. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll dough into a small rectangle.
Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- If your going to make your own 1000 island do it now. Or skip this step. I do it this way: Mix the following in a bowl—1/2 cup or so of mayo, Tablespoons (aporox) of the following; ketchup, yellow mustard, sri racha & honey. To taste..
- Should make 5 thick sandwiches…layer as follows: bread, 1000 island, corned beef, kraut, swiss, bread..
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes…or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted..
In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Brush with half of the butter mixture. Evenly cut the tops off the rolls. Top the bottoms of the rolls with swiss cheese. Quick and savory-sweet little baked sandwiches are stuffed with deli meats and cheeses and topped with a honey-mustard sauce, then baked until golden brown.