You can cook Sajji Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sajji Rice
- Prepare 4 glass of rice (soaked for 30 minutes).
- It’s of Water for boiling.
- You need 2 tbsp of Whole garam masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of yellow food colour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala/ chaat masala.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of crushed nutmeg.
- You need 1 of medium onion (cut into half).
- You need 4-5 tbsp of oil.
Sajji Rice instructions
- In a big pot add 3/4 pot water and add whole garam masala, salt, onion, turmeric and bring to boil..
- Then add rice. And cook till rice are par boiled (3/4 done). Strain the rice..
- Now add the strained rice back into the pot, add oil and remaining ingredients (food colour, black pepper powder, garam masala). Cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes..
- Now remove the cover and add nutmeg powder. Cover and cook on low flame for another 5 minutes..
- Now remove the cover and mix the rice from sides. Very slowly and softly. Rice are ready to serve with Sajji Chicken.
- Serve with Sajji Chicken in Iftaar..